Leader Identification & Development
These days it isn’t difficult to make a strong business case for developing your best talent. To maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace organizations must make their intellectual capital a top priority. Replacing employees is costly and affects productivity and performance. Investing in the identification, development, and retention of high potential employees is part of a long-term strategy for sustaining growth and optimizing financial performance.
Creative Intelligence works with organizations to identify leadership potential early and manage leader development. In part, this process includes:
- Benchmarking current leaders
- Identifying KSAs and creating competency profiles
- Designing a career path/transition model for leaders that aligns existing systems (performance management, compensation, hiring, assessments, succession, etc…) around a common set of expectations
- Creating a development/training program(s) and defining appropriate metrics
- Developing a protocol for activities such as coaching and mentoring
Our approach to identifying and developing leaders highlights the use of communication to
- Determine the gap between the current program for identifying and developing high potentials with the desired future outcomes, and create a new strategic approach based on data gathered.
- Design a Communication Strategy that creates stakeholder support and results in buy-in for change.
- Develop Top-Down Commitment that addresses all potential barriers to successful change.
- Deploy a Process not an Event that can measure the success of change and revise the initiative as necessary.